About The Job
Here at Monster, our purpose is to positively influence as many lives as possible by connecting great people with great career opportunities. With our industry leading technology, innovations and customer support, we serve our customers recruitment and talent management needs in a Monster way.
At the heart of our success and our future is innovation and it’s from that innovation where The Foundry, Monster’s Digital Recruitment Agency, was born. We are a Canadian-based employer branding agency specialized in everything-job-seeker-and-employer. We are a team of digital strategists, digital recruitment and branding experts. We help HR professionals, marketers and business owners create and promote their employer brand and become employers of choice.
We create impactful employer value propositions, convincing career websites, an engaging social presence and far reaching online campaigns, so our customers will be seen by the right people and get the candidates they want to hire.
As our DevOps Engineer, where you will be involved with building out systems for our team, enabling the whole engineering group to operate more effectively and iterate at top speed in an open, collaborative environment. Systems management and automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing, staging and production.
DevOps Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Identify and implement best practices for securing web servers
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or equivalent field experience
- Two years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player