About The Job
Who we are
Here at Monster, our purpose is to positively influence as many lives as possible by connecting great people with great career opportunities. With our industry leading technology, innovations and customer support, we serve our customers recruitment and talent management needs in a Monster way.
At the heart of our success and our future is innovation and it’s from that innovation where The Foundry, Monster’s Digital Recruitment Agency, was born. We are a Canadian-based employer branding agency specialized in everything-job-seeker-and-employer. We are a team of digital strategists, digital recruitment and branding experts. We help HR professionals, marketers and business owners create and promote their employer brand and become employers of choice.
We create impactful employer value propositions, convincing career websites, an engaging social presence and far reaching online campaigns, so our customers will be seen by the right people and get the candidates they want to hire.
At The Foundry we have a lot of great benefits.
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Remote Work Opportunity (up to 3 days a week)
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- RRSP + Match
- Health Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Best Doctors Program
- CONTACT Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
- Monthly Paid Lunch
- Heavy laptops to stay in shape (glad you are still reading!)
Who you are
- You’re a creative designer, with an analytical mind, who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. You have a strong portfolio of successful UX projects. If you care about making the online user experience pain-free and intuitive, to help match candidates to their dream jobs, we want you!
The successful candidate will work closely with the Creative Manager in the execution of the creative assets for The Foundry, creating responsive career websites, leveraging all things web and design to deliver unique projects to our clients. You don't just design websites, you design product interactions: wireframes, mockups and prototypes!
UX Designer Responsibilities include:
- Understand client needs and user psychology, to visualize user interface concepts (static/dynamic and responsive/adaptable) cleanly and efficiently.
- Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs and evaluate success
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology
- 4+ years of experience in web design, with proven UX web experience
- Experience with A/B testing and performance optimization tools such as Google Page Speed.
- Familiar with UX principles, philosophies, and methodologies. This includes, but not limited to, user research, flow diagrams, wireframes, clickable prototypes and the use of user personas.
- Experience and strong understanding of HTML/CSS, responsive design principles.
- DESIGN GURU – passionate, obsessed with latest trends, innovative and quick creative thinker. Loves UX and everything web.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, complemented by the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, with effective time management and the ability to adapt and prioritize effectively
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS;
- You have a solid understanding of technical implementations and limitations
- Your written and verbal communication skills are strong, you have the skills to present concepts and ideas
EPIC, but not necessary
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience working in or with creative agencies